General Education Specialist-OnlineJob ID: 201320
Reporting directly to the campus Academic Dean and working closely with Student Affairs, the Registrar’s office, and Faculty, the GE Specialist is responsible for delivering and maintaining a comprehensive persistence success and remediation system at the campus level, utilizing approved resources to ensure student persistence and success. Oversees all academic action plans provided to General Education (GE) students at the campus level. Follows-up on all letters of concern generated by faculty. Maintains relationships with students while enrolled in GE courses. Participates in: faculty meetings, Student Affairs persistence meetings, instructional seminars, in-service training sessions, GE curriculum committee, campus all-faculty meetings, student functions, open houses, and new student orientations.
- Master’s or higher degree from an accredited college or university, which includes course work in education or instructional design required.
- Two-three years of experience relevant to the position.
- Leadership knowledge in the higher education field to cultivate a learner-centered environment and to foster excellence.
- Knowledge in technological support and delivery of program area and services.
- Knowledge and evidence of strong supervisory and management skills as applicable to specialized program area.
- Knowledge of state, federal and local laws/regulations relating to programs, governmental compliance and other regulatory standards
- Experience with MS Office.
- Knowledge of applicable databases and computer application systems to supply the most accurate information, reports and projections.
For over 100 years, West Coast University has been educating and preparing students for professional careers across our six campuses located in Southern California, Dallas, Miami, and Online. As part of our unique student-centric approach to advanced healthcare education you will be empowering future healthcare professionals. At West Coast University our students are Ahead of the Curve. Our Mission is to embrace a student-centric learning partnership that leads to professional success. We deliver transformational education within a culture of integrity and personal accountability.
Our benefited faculty and associates are offered a comprehensive benefit package including:
- Health & Wellness
- Financial & Retirement
- Family & Parenting
- Vacation & Time Off
- Perks & Discount
- Professional Development
West Coast University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to work in and serve an ethnically-diverse population.
“My colleagues and coworkers are sincerely passionate about student success and have a strong team spirit. Our fundamental goal is to improve the quality in our education and service. WCU rewards people with strong team-spirit, a great vision, dedicated commitment, and a high ethical standard.”SOPHIE S.ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR, GEN ED SCI, ORANGE COUNTY
ASSOCIATE SINCE 2017
No recently viewed jobs.
Don’t have any jobs saved yet? Then start looking! Once you’ve found one you’re interested in, click the heart icon to save a job.