Instructional Designer - Online
When you join our faculty at West Coast University, you’ll become part of a team that always puts students first. And that means you’ll have the tools, technologies, resources and support you need to make a real difference in their lives, empowering new generations of healthcare leaders. Get ready to learn and grow in an energized environment with year-round curricula, collaborating with talented colleagues and reimagining healthcare education as we know it.
- Minimal Travel (if any)
What makes a successful member of the Faculty team at West Coast University? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Socially Conscious
- Technologically Savvy
“If you are looking to work at a university that takes care of its students, faculty, and staff and allows you to live a prosperous, fulfilling, and healthy life, this is the place for you.”Paul P. Instructor ii, Gen Ed Non-sci, orange county
associate since 2013
We offer a generous benefits package with a wide range of the plans, programs and support you need to thrive.
Day of Service
Our Mission & Culture
At WCU, the work you do empowers our future nurses, therapists, dental hygienists and more — propelling them into our communities where they can do the most good. As part of our dynamic, energized culture, you’ll contribute to our unique mission that always puts students first. You’ll collaborate with incredible people, grow in your profession, and transform healthcare education. Discover what it means to truly believe in the work that you do.
Reporting to the Academic Dean, is responsible for the design, development, implementation and maintenance of online academic courses and programs for American Career College. Works closely with subject matter experts, consultants, American Career College and/or West Coast University associates, faculty and Independent Contractors, in various disciplines, to develop instructional content and supporting materials for new course development, course maintenance and course revisions. Additionally, will partner with Distance Education Specialist to further support and train faculty in the online environment to include coaching faculty with effective teaching techniques to facilitate student inquiry and supporting faculty with technical support.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or is an essential function of the position.)
- Designs and develops instructional material for eLearning, blended and hybrid courses for American Career College academic programs. Conceptualizes and produces a wide variety of instructional elements including, but not limited to, course syllabi, storyboards, lessons, assessments, graphics and multimedia presentations.
- Ensures eLearning courses and programs are compliant with American Career College standards and meet all quality assurance and accreditation standards. Stays current with eLearning development processes and new trends. Continuously reviews course curriculum and helps to create necessary processes for continual upkeep of courses.
- Creates clear and engaging instructional materials that meet developmental needs of students and the learning outcomes of the academic program. Plans, in conjunction and collaboration with key stakeholders and management, the overall instructional flow of the courses to ensure the content is both appropriate and clearly communicated.
- Interprets instructional needs and collaborates with subject matter experts in various disciplines to translate complex information and concepts into easy-to-understand learning materials that are technologically advanced, scalable and forward thinking.
- Bachelors’ degree in Education, Instructional Design, Graphic Design or related field required.
- Master’s degree in Instructional Design, Curriculum and Instruction, Adult Learning Theories or related field preferred
For over 100 years, West Coast University has been educating and preparing students for professional careers across our six campuses located in Southern California, Dallas, Miami, and Online. As part of our unique student-centric approach to advanced healthcare education you will be empowering future healthcare professionals. At West Coast University our students are Ahead of the Curve. Our Mission is to embrace a student-centric learning partnership that leads to professional success. We deliver transformational education within a culture of integrity and personal accountability.
Our benefited faculty and associates are offered a comprehensive benefit package including:
- Health & Wellness
- Financial & Retirement
- Family & Parenting
- Vacation & Time Off
- Perks & Discount
- Professional Development
West Coast University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to work in and serve an ethnically-diverse population.
No recently viewed jobs.
Don’t have any jobs saved yet? Then start looking! Once you’ve found one you’re interested in, click the heart icon to save a job.