Instructional Support TechnologistJob ID: 201297
The Blackboard Specialist is a hands-on, team oriented, and customer facing support expert with a passion for education technology and assisting students, faculty, and staff. The Blackboard Specialist is responsible for supporting students and faculty with their educational journey in the various learning modalities offered at West Coast University and American Career College, including face-to-face, blended, and fully online. In addition, this individual will be provide customer support on a daily basis and work closely with their team, implementing and administering new educational technologies, troubleshooting technical software and hardware issues, and facilitating faculty, staff, and student training and tutorials through the creation of job aids, video resources, and live training sessions. This role will be remote based.
- Requires 3-5 years of experience and additional vocational or technical education.
- Experience working in a higher-education helpdesk system
- Education Technology experience working directly with end users to troubleshoot and resolve issues with the Blackboard (or Canvas/Brightspace) LMS
- Need to have at least 1+ years of experience working in an enterprise-level ticketing system
- Customer service experience adhering to department service level agreements while showing patience and expertise when assisting end-users
- Working knowledge of McGraw-Hill, Pearson, Elsevier, and other publisher partner adaptive learning and interactive systems
- Experience working with web conferencing software, Panopto video creation and hosting software, plagiarism detection software, and assessment integrity solutions
For over 100 years, West Coast University has been educating and preparing students for professional careers across our six campuses located in Southern California, Dallas, Miami, and Online. As part of our unique student-centric approach to advanced healthcare education you will be empowering future healthcare professionals. At West Coast University our students are Ahead of the Curve. Our Mission is to embrace a student-centric learning partnership that leads to professional success. We deliver transformational education within a culture of integrity and personal accountability.
Our benefited faculty and associates are offered a comprehensive benefit package including:
- Health & Wellness
- Financial & Retirement
- Family & Parenting
- Vacation & Time Off
- Perks & Discount
- Professional Development
West Coast University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to work in and serve an ethnically-diverse population.
“My colleagues and coworkers are sincerely passionate about student success and have a strong team spirit. Our fundamental goal is to improve the quality in our education and service. WCU rewards people with strong team-spirit, a great vision, dedicated commitment, and a high ethical standard.”SOPHIE S.ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR, GEN ED SCI, ORANGE COUNTY
ASSOCIATE SINCE 2017
No recently viewed jobs.
Don’t have any jobs saved yet? Then start looking! Once you’ve found one you’re interested in, click the heart icon to save a job.