Program Dean/Director MSN PMHNPJob ID: 202618
Reporting to the Dean of Online Education, the Program Director, MSN Psych/Mental Health NP (PMHNP) provides advanced practice nursing leadership, student-centric strategic and operational direction, and leadership of program accreditation and certification of graduates. The Program Director is the primary contact accountable for overseeing student clinical placements and experiences, as well as evaluation of student outcomes and progression throughout the Psych/Mental Health NP Track. Leads the development and revision of courses and works closely with vendors to create successful learning outcomes in the online classroom as well as in the required clinical experiences. The program director also coordinates evaluation of teaching effectiveness and works to create highly engaging and meaningful learning experiences for WCU students.
- At least five years’ experience as a Nurse Practitioner with Psych/Mental Health certification and currently active as a practicing Nurse Practitioner.
- Experience teaching and leading in higher education.
- Relevant experience in a management/leadership administrative role.
- Understanding of higher education issues and how they impact nursing education.
- Understanding of online and distance education modalities and how to effectively run college level programs and operational systems within those modalities.
- High level digital literacy skills. Microsoft Office Suite, can navigate internal data systems like Power BI and Salesforce, Canvas Online Learning Management System, ADP, Oracle (non-exhaustive list).
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and build positive outcomes from higher-level strategy.
- Demonstrated skills in assessing student learning, including evaluation and assessment of clinical experiential learning.
(Every effort has been made to identify the essential skills/qualifications of this position. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only skills/qualifications you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of skills/qualifications does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or is an essential skill/qualification of the position.)
- Ability to manage and work effectively in a highly diverse student and associate community.
- Ability to use effective communication skills, both oral and written, including complex proposals and presentations.
- Ability to listen.
- Ability to adapt and change course where necessary.
- Ability to speak before public groups.
- Ability to manage projects and people, participate in and facilitate group meetings.
- Ability to effectively use interpersonal skills, follow through with duties, provide attention to detail, and demonstrate the ability to motivate others.
- Ability to use creative facilitation and conflict resolution skills to resolve difficult and sensitive issues.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to analyze data and utilize data to prepare necessary reports.
- Ability to self-direct and function well under pressure of deadlines and conflicting priorities.
- Ability to work with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to exercise good judgment.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule.
- Ability to travel for work-related events, including but not limited to, graduations, on-site intensives, and meetings with partners and vendors.
- Exhibits initiative, enthusiasm, and teamwork in accomplishing the responsibilities of the position
- Master of Science in Nursing with national board certification as Psych/Mental Health Nurse Practitioner.
- Doctoral degree in Nursing from a regionally accredited university required.
- Current active RN License.
- Current national certification as a Nurse Practitioner.
For over 100 years, West Coast University has been educating and preparing students for professional careers across our six campuses located in Southern California, Dallas, Miami, and Online. As part of our unique student-centric approach to advanced healthcare education you will be empowering future healthcare professionals. At West Coast University our students are Ahead of the Curve. Our Mission is to embrace a student-centric learning partnership that leads to professional success. We deliver transformational education within a culture of integrity and personal accountability.
Our benefited faculty and associates are offered a comprehensive benefit package including:
- Health & Wellness
- Financial & Retirement
- Family & Parenting
- Vacation & Time Off
- Perks & Discount
- Professional Development
West Coast University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to work in and serve an ethnically-diverse population.
“My colleagues and coworkers are sincerely passionate about student success and have a strong team spirit. Our fundamental goal is to improve the quality in our education and service. WCU rewards people with strong team-spirit, a great vision, dedicated commitment, and a high ethical standard.”SOPHIE S.ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR, GEN ED SCI, ORANGE COUNTY
ASSOCIATE SINCE 2017
No recently viewed jobs.
Don’t have any jobs saved yet? Then start looking! Once you’ve found one you’re interested in, click the heart icon to save a job.